This has been a long and saddening few months. It started when Aria had been showing signs of pain in her front left leg for about two weeks, what we initially thought was a sprain, wasn’t getting better. After running tests and consulting with vets, we decided to try antibiotics with anti inflammatories and pain killers. After that didn’t work and she kept getting worse, we went back and they did more scans. It is at this point they saw her aggressive bone leisure, unsure exactly what it was, they sent it off to a specialist. Although cancer was a possibility, everyone was still very hopeful it wasn’t cancer because she is still so young. The specialist recommended a bone biopsy just to be sure, and we had her appointment coming up.
We received a call from the specialist at the hospital saying they saw the scans and asked us to bring her in ASAP. They ran a lot more tests and scans throughout they day and concluded she has bone cancer. They told us if it spread, she would only have about a month left, and if it didn’t, we could try different methods to prolong her life. After hours in limbo, we were so incredibly relieved to know it has not yet spread.
Since the day we brought her home we promised to give her the best quality of life possible. We understand she can’t be with us forever, but these last two years aren’t enough. She’s so smart, witty, and has such a big personality. We love her so much and her big brother Molson would be lost without her.
The costs so far and the costs to come are well over $10,000. So we are kindly asking for donations from those who can and to share her story.
We greatly appreciate your support during these times,
Reanna & Nick
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more