Ever since our official launch in 2015, Bridging Gaps Foundation has worked tirelessly to create opportunities for multiple communities within BC to get educated about Islam and find empowerment in knowledge and unity. Alhamdulillah, our projects have been very diverse and successful. We have tried to maintain a balance working with both Muslim and non-Muslim communities. Many of our projects have gained wide-spread mainstream media attention and allowed us to reach thousands of people all over Canada.
For the most part, Bridging Gaps Foundation has been self-funded by a few team members. Considering our growth in activities and provincial reach, we are reaching out to the community with a fundraiser for the very first time. Some of our consistent and well-known programs include:
1. Meet a Muslim: An outreach initiative set up in different cities to bridge the gap between Muslims and non-Muslims.
2. Open Mosque - BC: An initiative that helps Mosques in BC open their doors to the public. We provide planning, training, resources, and volunteers when needed. In 2019, we organized BC's first province-wide 'Open Mosque day' across 9 cities.
3. Key Conference: A much-loved youth conference that gives our younger generation a platform to discuss solution-focussed contemporary issues. A Key Conference 2019 is currently being planned.
4. Ramadan for Neighbours: An initiative that allows Muslims to share hand-made gifts with their neighbors and start a conversation about Islam.
5. Islamic and Self-Development courses: We have organized many courses and halaqas on topics such as marriage, leadership, self-development, etc.
6. One Family (for new-Muslims): In 2018, in collaboration with other organizations, we organized a 'convert and family only' dinner to welcome them and provide them with a platform to discuss their challenges.
7. Supporting Mosques in BC: We have been able to support various Mosques with planning and organizing events that fit their community needs. These programs are often tailored to their urgent needs and volunteers are trained and guided throughout the process.
Bridging Gaps Foundation has always believed in a very collaborative approach to community work and by the Mercy and Grace of Allah, we have been able to reach thousands of people.
1. Travel and accommodation costs for guest speakers
2. Print and Marketing Costs
3. Venue costs (for conferences and courses)
Within the next 2 months, we have 1 major conference, 1-weekend course, 2-halaqas, and at least 5 Meet-a-Muslim programs coming up.
Your donations will be much appreciated and diligently spent.
For more information, please contact [email redacted].
On behalf of Bridging Gaps Foundation,
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more