MSS Video Fundraising Appeal
Nova Scotia’s Sikh population is growing resulting in an increased number of
Gurdwara goers, we still have very few people with financial resources who are willing and able to help the project.
In the last few years, the langar and Diwan hall became too small resulting in line-ups outside the gurdwara even in harsh winters.
Mr. Pyara Singh Randhawa, who was also involved directly with previous construction and expansion in 1978 and 1998 took the challenge on himself and started the expansion of the gurdwara building in 2018. Most of the excavation and parking lot grading, permits and designs were completed in 2018 and 2019. Actual construction started in early 2020 and continued with the hope that our generous Sikh Sangat from all over the world will help us complete the fundraising goal. Then COVID 19 situation presented another challenge.
1. Almost 750,000 has been spent on construction, out of which 250,000 are still owing to contractors and suppliers who are threatening to put lean on the Gurdwara building.
2. We have approached multiple banks for construction loan but has been denied by three major banks so far based on previous years income, which was limited and currently zero because the gurdwara is closed. Also, the current economic situation is adding to the bank’s
3. We approached a few wealthy Sikh philanthropists, but no positive response so far.
4. Guru Granth Sahib is resting in a devotee’s home where access is very limited.
5. Most of the belongings including palki are stored in storage PODS.
6. Construction is stopped as we can’t raise funds fast enough to pay the workers.
7. If the roof is not tightened in the next few months, before the weather becomes cold, there is a risk of damage to the construction completed so far.
In these circumstances, we are looking up to our guru roop and generous Sikh Sangat to come to our rescue and help in raising the required funds so that we can complete the construction and parkashmaan Guru Granth Sahib back in his home in all the glory.
Please donate, even a small amount count.
- Ajit Basanti
- Japinder Basanti
- Daman Singh
- Gurpreet Singh