This project is not just for runners, but anyone from any corner of the world who wants to help. Running, walking, hiking, cycling and rollerblading, etc. all count. Everyone can find their own activity to participate in and raise money for this great cause. The goal is to get everyone moving and giving what they can, so we have a suggested donation model of 1k = $1, however, we are hugely appreciative of anything you can donate at this time.
We want you to have some fun with this project and add in a little competition. So, we've set up a few prizes;
- The person that has put in the most KM traveled and donated will receive a small gesture of our appreciation.
- The most traveled of 2021 will receive VSA branded Addidas workout gear and runners.
- To participate you must track your km. We recommend getting an app that will track distance and give you a monthly breakdown such as Diet, Runtastic, Nike, Endomondo, Strava, and Amazfit.
- Each time you want to participate, share a screenshot of your effort and make sure to use the #RunForUganda.
- When donating, please write your Instagram handle (your name as seen on Instagram) in the notes so that we can correctly identify you.
Follow along on Instagram using #RunForUganda and following @RunforUganda.
To give you more insight into the amazing progress we are making in Uganda, take a look at this short documentary from our visit in 2019.
- Petr Veselský
- Adam Aljič
- Jake Beron
- Olin Rice
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more