Campaign to repeal Tamil Genocide Education Week Act (TGEWA), for the sake of all Sri Lankans
The Ontario provincial government of Canada passed a law on May the 6th to educate all Ontarians on a Tamil Genocide in Sri Lanka. The bill 104 that was passed is titled Tamil Genocide Education Week Act (TGEWA). Now, the schools in Ontario have no choice but to teach Tamil Genocide in Sri Lanka as a curriculum element, especially during the week ending May the 18th, every year.
This is a myth propagated by the Pro-LTTE Tamil diaspora, which despite not having a single shred of solid evidence keeps on repeating a lie, hoping that it would be established as fact. Just like Nazis did.
There are serious repercussions to Sri Lankan Canadians and their next generations; if this is allowed to be established, the same claim would be peddled all over the Western world soon.
You can see the Act at https://www.ola.org/en/legislative-business/bills/parliament-42/session-1/bill-104
• Bill 104 was a private member’s bill presented by a Tamil-Sri Lankan member of the Ontario Legislature. This was passed secretively (posted on OLA (Ontario Legislative Assembly) site the night before and passed with a mere 9 out of 124 MPPs of the legislature).
• Non-Tamil Sri Lankans and community organizations had asked for deputation against this bill but were denied any opportunities to present the truth of the Sri Lankan armed conflict.
• Neither the Canadian Federal Government nor the United Nations has declared a genocide in Sri Lanka. The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam LTTE used child soldiers to wage an armed conflict for 26 years in Sri Lanka mostly in the North East and many members of all ethnicities in Sri Lanka got killed.
• We consider this act of passing a bill of criminal nature a sheer violation of Canadian constitutional rights. Education is a provincial responsibility in Canada but that does not allow them to teach obvious lies (federal government has acknowledged that there is no evidence of Tamil Genocide in Sri Lanka), and to encroach Federal jurisdiction.
• We have retained a top end Law Firm from Toronto to fight this in court and the costs are expected to be around $150,000. This case also has a potential trajectory into Supreme Court given the arguments.
• A full rebuttal of Bill 104 can be found here:
• This issue is not just affecting Sri Lankan-Canadians but also all ethnicities living in Canada, many people from various ethnic backgrounds have come to Canada to live a dignified life in peace and harmony with all Canadians. This type of educational programs will generate anger among some people against other groups resulting in divisiveness. Also, it will make Sri Lankans seen as criminals who had committed genocide against fellow brethren.
• This Bill sets a dangerous precedent in other parts of the world and damages the commercial and reputational interests of Sri Lanka.
Several Sri Lankan Canadian community organizations have come together to challenge this act in courts. They have retained a formidable legal team with extensive constitutional law experience to represent them.
This is a costly endeavor, but it is a must at this juncture.
Kindly donate NOW to the legal fund to repeal this outrageous act!
More information can be found at:
Ways to donate:
e-Transfer : Canadians can donate through e-transfer to [email redacted] or [email redacted].
Paypal : One-time donation OR monthly donation.
Western Union Transfer to socialharmonycentre
Mail cheques to:
Option 1: The Treasurer, o/a Sri Lankan Canadian Action Coalition Inc
Mailing address: Suite 401, 900 Greenbank Road, Nepean, Ontario,K2J 4P6,Canada
Option 2: The Treasurer, o/a of Canadian-Sri Lankan Centre for Social Harmony. Mailing address: 212 Tuscadero Crescent, Mississauga. ON L4Z 3C1
Sri Lankan Canadian Action Coalition (SLCAC)
Canadian Sri Lankan Center for Social Harmony (CSLCSH)
Sri Lanka United National Association of Canada (SLUNA)
Sri Lanka Canada Association of Brampton (SLCAB)
The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), a proscribed terrorist organization in Canada, engaged with armed conflict with the Government of Sri Lanka to create a mono-ethnic state living in North and East of Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka government militarily eliminated LTTE supreme leader, senior leadership and cadre and ended the armed conflict on May 18, 2009. Sri Lankan government rescued 295,000 Tamils used as a human shield by LTTE Tamil terrorists at the end of the armed conflict and also rehabilitated 13,000 LTTE cadre. Mythical Tamil Genocide is pro-LTTE Tamil Terrorist propaganda and seriously harms Ontario’s diversity and ethnic harmony. The applicant alleged the Ontario Ford government used a cheap political approach to regain his political bankruptcy.
DonationsSee top donations
- Prasan Silva
- Sunil Mahipala
- RANJINI ALWIS
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more