This is an Appeal from our to your heart, We request each one of you to join us and share this with your friends and relatives. Please read and share.
For the third day in a row, our Motherland is suffering from a global daily record of new infections. The 346,786 confirmed cases over the past day brought India’s total to more than 16 million, behind only the United States. Latest count another 2,624 deaths in the past 24 hours, pushing India’s COVID-19 fatalities to 189,544.
The very proactive Indian government is working 24x7 and has ramped up its efforts to get medical oxygen to hospitals using special Oxygen Express trains, Air Force Planes, and trucks to transport tankers, and took measures to exempt critical oxygen supplies from customs taxes. But the crisis in the country of nearly 1.4 billion people deepened as overburdened hospitals shut admissions and ran out of beds and oxygen supplies. We need to help our roots in this second wave of COVID-19 that has engulfed it completely. And as an Indian by heart, we will respond in a positive way. We all will serve and #GiveBack2India.
As this gruesome disease is spreading and leaving no household untouched, the one thought that comes to each of us is how can we help from so far away? Sitting in Canada What Should I do? We request each one of you to join us and share this with your friends and relatives.
This is a collective fight for everyone. We at Friends For Cause Foundation, "Give Back 2 India ", Vancouver Indian Forum , V4U Entertainment , ICA Vancouver , and the large Indian diaspora in Vancouver are going to serve actively in various forms. The planning to serve has been already done and we need to collect funds to do real service on the ground. And this is what we all can do.
1. We are planning to distribute 1000 units of ‘essentials kit’ across the nation, with a network of organizations, and serve orphanages and old-age homes.
- $25 for each family essentials kit (Ration, Basic Medicines, Masks, Sanitizers, etc), to be provided in case of death of a family member.
- $251 for community homes with 20-30 people, such as orphanages and old-age homes (Ration, Basic Medicines, Oximeter, Masks, Sanitizers, etc.).
2. Vaccination is the most important means to get rid of this disease and lack of education means fewer people get vaccines and this can result in a third wave. We are developing a series of advertisement material and have done planning for a day-to-day advertisement on Rickshaws in rural and peripheral slums of cities where we get Volunteers. 100% Vaccination is Our Target
- The cost to run a one-day advertisement is appx $40.
- To run a weekly advertisement is appx around $250.
3. We also wish to ship oxygen concentrators, which are needed at this time. Let us ship 20 oxygen concentrators to India from Vancouver, we all can do it & exploring ways how to do it.
The estimated cost is around US$501, Appx. Can$650, plus shipping to India.
Gratitude and Together We Serve Better.
We will personally see that all funds are distributed in the most ethical way. Contact Yogesh Kumar or Neeraj Kumar should you have any additional questions or visit https://www.friendsforcause.org or https://www.giveback2india.org to know more about us.
- Anil Kumar
- Devendra Sharma
- Hem Wasdev
Fundraising team: Joint Effort Team (4)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more