Donate towards a van and change lives. Help the women reach their destination.
Toronto Beyond Difference Lions Club wants to buy a van for the local women in Sayulita, a popular surf town on the Pacific coast of Mexico. While tourists enjoy themselves, many local women work for low wages in the service industry. Our modest target of $20,000 CAD for a used van will change lives.
Mujeres Movimiento, a Women’s Centre in Sayulita, runs a thrift store stocked with clothing and household goods donated by American and Canadian friends. A van would create a mobile store to bring these goods to the locals in surrounding pueblos where there are no stores or access to affordable goods.
A van would:
• Bring these goods to the locals in surrounding pueblos where there are no stores or access to affordable goods.
• Provide employment for women to manage the mobile thrift store and perform associated activities.
• Operate as a bookmobile, with huge benefits for children and adults.
• Deliver food and staples to those in need.
• Transport older women to food stores and medical appointments.
• Provide transportation for the centre’s women’s soccer team to compete at other locations.
• Allow women who have never left their pueblo to meet other women who are daring to dream.
Two of our Lions Club members spend the winter in Sayulita, so they have first-hand experience with the work of Mujeres Movimiento. They have met the people; they have seen the need.
Please donate to help Mujeres Movimiento on the road to independence. Donors contributing $200 CAD or more will have their first names embedded discreetly on a painting of the van (unless they ask to be excluded). Painting to be designed and donated by one of our Lions Club members for presentation to the Women’s Centre in Sayulita.
You may also choose to donate directly to the Toronto Beyond Difference Lions Club by Interac e-Transfer. See club website for details.
Let’s “build” the van together, one part at a time. Thank you. Gracias.
Here's the first draft of our van painting . Make sure you get your name on it so we can complete the painting !!
DonationsSee top donations
- Tara Sirman
- Connie Bist
- Wendy Sun
- Alison Patton
- Kalie Patton
Fundraising team: Van Go Getters (5)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more